Tuesday 1 January 2013

Gardens By The Bay

N had a free ticket to Gardens By The Bay so we visited the place last Monday, when he was on leave.
Of all (Mon)days, Cloud Forest had to be closed for maintenance =.= 
Yes, it was a Monday... But, still..
Okay, we had our luck for the weather, when the rain stopped right after we had our lunch at Texas Chicken (:

So we only entered the Flower Dome. To be honest, we don't really know how to appreciate the flora and fauna. But I love it that the place is cooling and feels really peaceful. The christmas decorations were another bonus. It turned out to be a massive photo-taking session. Whoever reads this, I sincerely thank you for tolerating my ignorance. This is certainly not my area of interest, though I love to eat vegetables. Haha.


















This tentacles look-alike plant gives me goosebumps.

The following photos are less itimidating. I found those exotic looking green plants scary.







Funny looking snow man










While I definitely know nuts about the adaptations and characteristics (even the name) of these plants, I was in awe of the whole place. The whole construction and layout, the architecture... It was just amazing. 
The whole place is actually cooled by underground water pipes.

Ending off with a nonsensical photo..

                                                        N doing some retarded poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it!