Tuesday 29 January 2013

Paradise Dynasty & The Last Tycoon

Paradise dynasty is quite a popular Chinese restaurant, under the Paradise Group. It serves common Shanghainese cuisine such at Xiao Long Bao and La Mian.

We went to the branch at Ion, reached there at about 6pm and they were already giving out queue numbers. I walked around for a while and came back to realize that I've missed my number, so we had to wait for a while more.

The interior looks pretty posh for a restaurant that offer reasonable food prices. The decorations were very suited to the name of the restaurant. Seating capacity was very large, with both indoor and outdoor seats for you to choose from. I also like that the kitchen is surrounded by glass so that we can see what is going on in there!

Of course, we ought to order the famous Rainbow Xiao Long Bao - Original, Ginseng, Foie Gras, Black Truffles, Szechuan, Cheese, Garlic, Crab Roe.
I personally think the original one is still the best. If I were to choose one among the 'special' flavours, it would be crab roe. I like anything that has the seafood, fishy taste. Garlic flavour was really overpowering. Szechuan was the worst flavour. The rest are not here nor there. The flavours were not to distinct to taste it at one bite but it doesn't shield the xiao long baos' taste as well.

Ohh yes, I also like that the Xiao Long Baos were seated on a piece of white cloth cos that makes it easier to take them without tearing the skin!


La Mian in Pork Bone Soup with Sliced Pork Belly.
Though I prefer japanese ramen, this is quite good for a chinese la mian! The soup is quite flavourful and you could taste that there were some good ingredients used to brew it. 
The pork belly is great as well! Well-cooked, flavourful, good texture

Zha Jiang Mian was not too bad. Definitely better than Crystal Jade's one though.



This place is great for a quick restaurant dinner, family fare etc.. Or some chinese dian xin or xiao chi, at reasonable prices! Service was prompt even though it was thoroughly packed (the queue outside is never ending). There were many staff around and it wasn't difficult to get their attention. I'm looking forward to try their other dishes!

Paradise Dynasty (ION Orchard)
2 Orchard Turn
ION Orchard #04-12A Singapore 238801

Tel: +65 6509 9118




N and I caught The Last Tycoon also. I always loved such Hong Kong shows and I'm still pretty frustrated that I have not watched Cold War!
The show is amazing. A great cast of actors and settings. A show that revolves love, loyalty, triads.
Even N that do not really enjoy chinese shows said that it was good :D







No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it!